Long week with the 4th of July holiday and all. Haven't got much of anything done.
I sat down today and started banging out some index cards. If you write screenplays or want to, Syd Field's card trick is one I highly recommend. It really gives you a sense of how a story can be broken down and put back together.
While I believe I have a strong opening Act I (pp 1-30) and some pretty interesting scenes for Act III (pp 91-120), I seem to be faltering in the middle. Act II is probably the hardest of the three, as you have to maintain interest, continue to build a pace, yet not release any steam before it's time.
I've got a couple ideas in the works:
- Bulls and DD partake in a car (taxi) chase through the city. Any ideas as to what happens when a blind man tries to drive?
- Another supporting character; ex-girlfriend of Matt's. Karen Page? Heather Glenn? Haven't quite decided.
- Turk and Grotto (mob flunkies) join the cast for a few laughs at Josie's Bar.
- Elektra reveals all to Matt about her father and his relationship with the Kingpin.
- A court case. After all, Matt is a lawyer, so we have to show him at work. The case involves the MTA, Chapter 11, and a hostile takeover by a company owned by...is that Wilson Fisk?
Oh well. Hopefully more soon. Heading back to the cards....
Previous | Next